Passport Renewal has a new procedure on how to do it. Before, all you need to do is to set an appointment to your selected DFA Branch and wait for that day to arrive to process your application. But due to the glaring loophole in this process which gives fixers an opportunity to make money from the innocent public. DFA made a bold move to eradicate the illegal business set up by the fixers.
The new process of passport renewal now comes with a pre payment feature. DFA Appointments must be paid first in advance to proceed with the entire process. This means that even if you already booked or scheduled a Passport Appointment in DFA website, your appointment is still not confirmed and you won’t get the DFA Passport Application form IF you don’t settled or paid the appropriate passport fees.
All your efforts will be lost if you missed to pay the passport fees within the deadline.
Anyway, I’m sure you landed here in our website because you’re dying to read the steps on how to renew your passport. We won’t keep you waiting, so here it.
PASSPORT RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
We have written below the general requirements needed for you to be able to renew you passport.
- Personal appearance
- Confirmed appointment – if you have no idea on how to schedule an appointment for your application, you may read our separate article about this “How to Schedule an Appointment For Passport Application“
- Your old Passport (whether expiring or already expired)
- At least One (1) Government Issued Valid IDs and supporting documents to prove identity. To know more about the complete list of Valid IDs for the application of Philippine Passport, you may read this article: “Valid IDs Accepted in Applying For A Philippine Passport“
- Print out of your Philippine Passport Application Form.
It is important that you secure all the above mentioned passport requirements ahead of time so you won’t encounter any problems when the appointment date arrives.
PASSPORT RENEWAL PROCEDURES
On the day of your scheduled appointment, make sure to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled time at the DFA site you’ve chosen.
Enter the DFA premises and immediately ask the guards or the reception where to proceed.
Again, make sure to bring all the requirements, failure to do so may result to the rejection of your application.
- Complete all the mentioned requirements above.
- Go to the official website of DFA Philippine Passport which is www.passport.gov.ph and schedule an appointment.
- Choose the best date and time that suits your schedule. Also, select the DFA Philippine Passport Office that is nearest to you for your convenience.
- You will receive an email from DFA website notifying you to pay the Passport Processing Fees to their Authorized Partners / Payment Centers. We have recently posted the process of paying your passport application in any Bayad Center, you may read it for your reference.
- Pay the appropriate amount of Passport Fees. Regular Fee is Php 950 and Expedited Fee is Php 1,200. To know more about the difference of these two, you may read our article about Passport Fees.
- After the payment, you will receive an email confirmation that your scheduled appointment is already confirmed. On that email, there is a download link to the Passport Application form and your DFA Appointment Code that needs to be printed. This documents is part of your requirement that needs to be presented to the DFA Personnel on the day of your appointment.
- Wait for the scheduled appointment date. For now, you don’t need to do anything since you completed the Steps 1 to 5.
- On the day of your scheduled appointment, make sure to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled time at the DFA site you’ve chosen. Enter the DFA premises and immediately ask the guards or the reception where to proceed.
- Present all your requirements to the DFA Personnel for verification.
- Have your photo and biometrics taken.
- The DFA Personnel will give you the Release date of your Passport. You have the option to have it delivered at home or anywhere you want. OR you come back to the same DFA Branch and claim it personally.
- An additional Php 150 will be collected if you choose to have it delivered at your preferred mailing address.
I FAILED TO SECURE AN APPOINTMENT, CAN I JUST WALK IN TO ANY OF THE DFA BRANCHES AND RENEW MY PASSPORT?
Yes, as long as you fall in to the category of the selected individuals accommodated in the DFA Courtesy Lane, then YES you can just walk right in without any schedule appointment.
If you’re going to ask me who are these people. I suggest that you read our article regarding the courtesy lane “Passport Application Through COURTESY LANE”
Processing the renewal of your passport will be much more convenient due to the recent changes in the process. But it will be burdensome to the applicants if they don’t know what to do. Good thing here is that we’re here to discuss every corners of the process to address the issues and concerns that applicants mostly encountered.
If you have questions about the process of passport renewal, don’t hesitate to ask questions by leaving a comment down below. See you next time! 🙂