Courtesy Lane is encouraged by the Department of Foreign Affairs to be utilized by the passport applicants who falls under the category set by the said agency.
Courtesy Lanes means that the Philippine Passport Applicants don’t have to schedule a Passport Appointment from the DFA Philippine Passport Appointment System.
Department of Foreign is informing the passport applicants or the public that effective immediately, that a special lane or Courtesy Lanes are available for the following applicants of Philippine Passport who falls under the category listed below:
COURTESY LANE QUALIFICATIONS
- Regular government employees / with GSIS / appointed by Civil Service Commission
- Dependent of government employee
– Legal spouse
– Unmarried children
- Retired government employees (one year availment)
- Incumbent elected officials
- For barangay level, only the following are entitled:
– Barangay Chairman
– Barangay Kagawad
– SK Chairman
- Endorsement from House of Representatives must be endorsed by DLLU before lodging their applications to Courtesy Lane
- Media Personnel must first secure endorsement from Public Information Services Unit (PISU) before going to Courtesy Lane.
- Referrals made from DFA employees (limited to 3 referrals per month) and Head/s of other government agencies must secure proper endorsements duly signed by authorized signatories of their respective offices. Only original copies will be accepted for verification purposes. Photocopy of DFA employee’s valid I.D. / government agencies official’s Department I.D. must be attached for verification purposes.
- Infant (1 year old and below)
- Senior Citizens (60 years old and above)
- PWD (genuinely disabled) / with PWD I.D.s
- Pregnant (genuinely pregnant) / with medical certificate
- Overseas Filipino Workers
It was made clear by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) that Passport Applicant whose an Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) don’t need to secure an appointment as well as the Person with Disability and Senior Citizen as long as they can provide proof of identification that they are eligible. These people are highly prioritized by our Government to have their passport issued.
COURTESY LANE REQUIREMENT
Applicants who are planning to avail the courtesy lane must provide the necessary Identification Document (Valid ID) such as:
- Senior citizens with senior citizen ID
- Person with disability with PWD ID or visible disability
- Solo Parent with valid Solo Parent ID
- Pregnant women with medical certificate
- Minors seven years old and below
Please note that the above Courtesy Lane Requirement is different from the General Passport Application requirements. The above mentioned requirements are proofs for the eligibility of the applicant to avail the courtesy lane. A different set of passport requirements must be presented such as Valid IDs. For the complete list of passport requirements, you may refer to the article: What are the Philippine Passport Requirements?
Passport Fees are also needed for the Passport Application. No special price or discounts for the people who will avail the courtesy lane. Passport Fees are Php 950 for regular processing which will take 15 to 20 days and Php 1200 for Expedited Processing which will take 7 to days.
For any questions on the Courtesy Lanes, applicants can call the numbers 02-834-4000 local 2423 or the Office of the Passport Director’s local 2852 and 2386.